Effective Date: May 6, 2019
Types of Information Collected When You Use Our Services
User information collected via use of our Services includes:
- Information supplied voluntarily by users who register, subscribe to products, participate in promotions or surveys, post comments or queries, transact any business, or in any other way communicate via the Services, and
- Information automatically collected when you access our Services, including without limitation, information that may be collected through our mobile applications either while in use or running in the background of any digital device. User information may also be collected by third-party providers, promotional content or advertisements that are featured by or linked to our Services whose methods are beyond our control and governed by privacy policies specific to those third parties.
The following categories of (non-PII) not personally identifiable information may be collected when you use or interact with our services:
- Device specific information including device type; memory capacity; location and IP address; Web browser application type and version; operating system; screen size; language and other settings; plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters; carrier code; time zone; software names, versions and package IDs;
- Unique device identification information, including mobile device ID numbers;
- Standard server log information;
- Service usage data including referral source; website navigation paths; length of visit; page views;
- Information relating to time and frequency of Service use;
- Personal information, such as your name and email address disclosed to facilitate sign-up or subscriptions to our Services;
- Information disclosed while conducting business transactions which may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, or credit card specifics;
- Information posted while interacting with services such as comments or responses that reveal your username, profile picture, or other user details;
- Information communicated via email or other digital contact with our Services, including the communication content and metadata;
- Web pages and content viewed or links clicked on when interacting with our Services;
- Information derived from your use of our email messages, including how you chose to interact with those messages including whether you read, click links, or share information with other parties;
- The websites visited immediate before or after visiting any of our Cube Publishing websites.
- Search terms entered while interacting with our Services;
- Information revealed via cookies (see definition below), web beacons or other tracking facilities.
- Any personal information revealed via digital interaction with our Services.
Please do not disclose the personal information of any other person/persons without first obtaining their explicit consent to both the disclosure and use of that personal information as governed by this Policy.
Information From Other Sources
We may obtain additional information from other companies and sources such as third-party data suppliers or public databases. Such information may include:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Age, gender, occupation, and income level;
- Hobbies, interests and purchasing habits;
- Social posts, blog posts, video-sharing applications, social groups;
- Browsing habits, web page views, advertisement engagement, searches or forum participation;
We use “cookies” in the delivery of our Services. A cookie is a small amount of data stored in a separate file on your computer or your device’s Web browser. Each cookie contains an identifier (a string of letters and numbers). They are sent by a web server to a web browser and are stored by the browser. Cookies help us to pinpoint repeat visitors and to improve your access to our Services. Cookies are also useful to you as a user. For example, they can save you time by ensuring that on trusted devices you don’t have to repeatedly rekey passwords, usernames and so on. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of users to enhance their experience. Cookies are accessed and recorded by websites that you visit, and by advertisers or partners on our services, in which case we have no access to or control over those cookies. You have the option to accept or reject most cookies, or to determine you when a cookie is accepted. However, if you block some cookies you may not be able to to view or access some features of our Services. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
Third Party Associates and Websites
In delivery of our Services, we may employ third party companies or individuals. These third parties may have access to user data needed to provide their services to us. They are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this user data and not to disclose or use it for their own purposes.
Our Services may provide hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We may also maintain affiliate marketing arrangements with third parties. We have no control over, and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Why We Collect User Information
User information is vital in helping us to tailor our Services and make them more valuable to users. The information also helps us provide our supporting partners and advertisers with more effective content marketing Services based on researched data. In the case of payment and identity verification, this information is specifically used in the processing of particular business transactions, provision of services, or in compliance with legal rights or applicable law.
This information helps both us and users by allowing us to:
- Customize and target content based on user preference;
- Interact more thoughtfully wit users in fulfilling requests for services, products or information;
- Improve customer service by recognizing previous visitors and users of Services;
- Allow user access to and participation in special features or offers;
- Synchronize user activity across online or mobile services on different devices;
- Monitor and prevent any potentially illegal activities that could disrupt positive user experience.
- Enforce the provisions in our Terms of Service Agreement;
- For any other purposes disclosed by us and for which you give your consent to the collection of your user information.
International Transfer of Information
We reserve the right under the usage provision of this Policy to internationally transfer collected information between any of the countries or markets where we or our service providers operate. Information that is made publicly available via publication on our Services may be available for use by other parties. We are not responsible for the use or abuse of this information and we do not regulate the privacy policies of other entities. Compliance with this Policy and use of our Services indicates that you explicitly agree to the transfers of personal information described herein.
Security of User Information
- Information that we collect will be stored for no longer than is necessary for the purposes intended and outlined in this Policy.
- All reasonable precautions will be taken to ensure that information collected is securely stored.
- Encryption technology and other up-to-date security measures will be employed to secure all electronic financial transactions facilitated via any of our Services.
- We do not guarantee or accept liability for the security of data transmitted via the Internet.
How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices
Use of our Services is subject to acceptance and agreement to the terms in this Policy. Unless explicitly stated herein or within the Services, we may share any and all user data collected via the provision of our Services, including without limitation, user name, postal address and other specific user information within the Cube Publishing owned and operated companies and Services, partners and service providers. We also reserve the right to share said information with carefully selected third-party associates and providers of products and services determined to be of interest to users. We may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- when required to do so by law in relevant jurisdictions;
- when compelled by law to cooperate with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In establishing or defending our legal rights – including providing information needed to combat fraudulent activity or mitigate credit risk;
- In the course of the sale of any business or asset of Cube Publishing Ltd. or its Services.
- When advised to do so by legal counsel where it is deemed that a Court of Law is likely to order release of said information.
Except as stated in the foregoing provisions of this Policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.